110,000 miles per second
Asgard shields (refit)
Asgard sensor array (refit)
Computer navigational systems
- "It's a Greek tragedy, who wants that?"
- —Jack O'Neill, who disapproved of the name
The BC-303 Prometheus was the first, and for some time only, deep-space battleship built by the Tau'ri. The craft was operated by the U.S. Air Force, and its crew consisted of Air Force personnel. Operationally, Prometheus fell under the purview of the Office of Homeworld Security, though there was some control over its missions by Stargate Command.
The experimental vesel used Asgard technology in its hyperdrive engine and shields, and there may have been other Asgard technologies installed, as well. These advancements were fitted by the Asgard in return for Earth's invaluable assistance in fighting the Replicator threat in their home galaxy. Prometheus was destroyed in late 2006 when she went up against an Ori defense satellite and found herself outmatched, though most of her crew evacuated in time.
- Colonel William Ronson (until 2004)
- Lt. Gen. George Hammond (2004)
- Colonel Lionel Pendergast (from 2004 onward)
- Colonel Kirtland - Executive Officer (March 2004)
- Major Erin Gant - Senior Officer (through March 2004)
- Major Peter DeLouise - Pilot (2003)
- Captain Womack - Technician (from 2004)
- Captain Marks - Pilot/Technician (from 2005)
- Master Sergeant Walter Harriman - Technician (Antarctic battle, Atlantis mission)
- Cameron Mitchell - Pilot (until 2005)